FAQs

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kristi Oikawa
    Spectator

If you have any questions about how the Academy works, the answer might be here!

Please feel free to start a new topic for your question including if you need help finding content or have a request for a new topic we haven’t covered.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Kristi Oikawa.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Patricia.
    • This topic was modified 3 years ago by Patricia.
    Kristi Oikawa
    Spectator

What kinds of memberships do you offer?

We offer Premium and Basic (free) memberships. Premium memberships will give you access to all our hugely popular videos and content on the Academy.  Please see link for our membership options,https://macraeway.com/plans/membership-plans/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Patricia.
    Patricia
    Keymaster

Is my payment information safe?

Absolutely, we use the PayPal gateway to process your payment. This is a best-in-class payment solution, and we store no personal or financial information on our site, beyond your name and email address.

Patricia
    Keymaster

How do I upgrade my membership?

If you want to change your membership from Basic to premium, go to your Account page and select Subscriptions. Then click Change Plan and select the Premium plan you’d like.

How am I billed?

It depends on which membership you select. All memberships are recurring and you are billed based on the terms of the type you select. We have a billing membership to meet every need!

How do I cancel?

To cancel your Premium RECURRING membership (ALL memberships automatically renew),  go to My Account -> Subscriptions, and select Cancel.  Your Premium membership will not be renewed on the next payment date, while you will remain Premium for the remainder of the period for which you have already paid.

Is my payment information safe?

We use the PayPal gateway to process your payment. This is a best-in-class payment solution, and we store no personal or financial information on our site, beyond your name and email address.

Patricia
    Keymaster

What type of internet connection do I need to watch?

The Academy videos are in High Definition to enhance your training experience and make every nuance easily visible. You can access them with a consistent speed of at 7 mbps or greater. Our Courses can be viewed at 4 mpbs or greater. Satellite services can be inconsistent, providing a high speed, i.e. 8 mpbs, one minute and dropping to 2 mpbs the next. You can check to determine your speed and a reliable test for your connection can be found here,https://www.speedtest.net/

Patricia
    Keymaster

Can I ask you questions about Academy content?

We try to answer all general questions and are happy to help! Feel free to create a new topic or click HERE on the Forum.

Additionally, we’ve created a short tutorial to show you how to access your favorite content, HERE
    If you’re looking for specific content, we’ll try to direct you towards it on the site or create a video or article to help with your topic of interest!

We take the responsibility of advising handlers with their dogs very seriously, as helping dogs and handlers is our priority! To that end, we only can only advise about your specific dog when we can see him or her and we have a visual as a basis for one on one discussion. Details for virtual lessons if you’d like to set one up, can be found here, https://macraeway.com/online-lessons-with-your-dog/

Why?

Without video if you ask a question based on a description of what your dog is doing, the question is formulated based on your interpretation, and further subject to our interpretation of your account. If you or we are incorrect, the recommendation will not be accurate.
    For example, if your dog had a great deal of eye and we (and you) did not know this, and it was not evident from your assessment, and we then advised that you stopped your dog more frequently that advice may actually exacerbate the eye in your dog, making for a greater problem! Yet for the dog without a great deal of eye it might be very sound advice. This applies not just to eye but to all different types of problems and different types of dogs. Dogs that are very flanky require a different approach than the line dog, the excitable dog versus the cautious dog, the confident dog compared to the dog that needs confidence built, etc. Additionally, many words have different meaning to different people. The definition is vast for: forward, square flanks, straight lines, tight turns, feel, power, honest attempt and the list continues.

You can see the concern in providing advice without absolutely seeing the dog, the situation and having that as a point of reference in a one on one discussion. If we have a video we can reference, we can absolutely set up a lesson!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Patricia.
    Patricia
    Keymaster

What are the videos on the forum?

Our Forum, including the topic, ‘Welcome to The MacRae Way’ is the place for Premium members to post your general comments and questions. You’ll also find numerous topics there and you are welcome to start your own topic, including if you have a question, need to find content or would like to request a new topic we haven’t covered-we value your input!

It’s also now a place for everyone to view additional video. This gives us the opportunity to provide extra content, without all the time and work it takes to produce an Academy video.

It may be footage from:
    a trial we’re at
    a sneak peek of a dog we’re training
    and insiders look at day to day training
    video of a new dog (I’ve posted about 2.5 minutes of Roy, who’ll be for sale later this year) 
    an outtake of an upcoming Academy video
    (such as Nite working on his own or Nell shifting a ewe and lamb) or other

We encourage your comments or any general question (such as,”where can I find content on The Academy that addresses this?”, “how old is he?”, “what trial is this?”, etc)  but these videos will not be for analysis, (that will be reserved for Academy videos).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.